Date:
Sun, 29 Nov 1998 14:51:35 -0500
Ever wonder where all this humidity could come from?

Like A. Reichert, I don't think those are cases for silica gel...
I would, for my part, advise you to have your roofs and walls inspected
by an architect (or a well-informed technician).

Check for any kind of infiltration (water and/or air). Try to locate
building materials are in direct contact with both the interior and exterior
as they can be transmitting warmth or humidity.
Condensation happens when hot and humid air arrives in contact with
cooler air or surface.  I suspect this is why the insulation was all
wet in one of the cases presented to this list.

We are often asking for specific conditions in the storage areas
that are very different from the exterior conditions (cooler in warm
climates and warmer in cold ones, different RH).
If the walls and roofs don't offer the proper continuous protection,
ventilation, insulation and vapor barriers
(at the right place and the right order)
we surely can create the kind of problems described here.

So, I would first try to locate the source of your problem
instead of trying to patch it...

Hope this can help!

France Cliche
EN PLACE avec France Cliche