From:
Chris Taylor <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Jul 2008 16:37:52 -0500
I'm looking for some suggestions to preserve a shovel which was used for
a significant groundbreaking event nearly 50 years ago. It has been
painted gold and on top of that in black plaint the event and date is
lettered.

The problem the gold paint is beginning to flake off and with it taking
the lettering. Is there something to overspray or coat it with to
protect the remaining paint and lettering?

I just pulled this from its storage location for an exhibit out the
event this is a part of so I am planning to use this in an enclosed case
for an exhibit that begins next week.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

Chris Taylor
Executive Director
Atchison County Historical Society
P.O. Box 201