From:
Beatrice Hulsberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Oct 1995 09:15:55 -0400
To Anita, et al.  The Hershey Museum is under the auspices of the M. S.
Hershey Foundation, which is the overall Hershey institution. This past year
the museum has changed its Mission Statement to reflect an increased
emphasis on M.S. Hershey, the Chocolate Factory, and the town.  The Native
American and PA German Collections still retain some exhibit space but all
new research and permanent exhibits will reflect the Hershey theme.  They
are participating in the PA Humanities Council Raising Our Sites program
focusing on women chocolate workers and this has resulted in new public
programs and a more inclusive permanent exhibit on the chocolate workers.
Hershey Foods has recently donated some original machinery that the museum
anticipates building exhibits around.  The newest temporary exhibit which
opens in early November is scale model railroad layout of the town and
factory circa 1920s with a Christmas theme.  If you are in the central PA
region it is very worth your while to visit.  The museum is open seven days
a week from 10 am till 5 pm.  Special programs are often held on Saturday,
Sunday and Mondays.  I do cataloging and research for the Hershey Museum on
a contract basis and if you have any further questions, please contact me at
[log in to unmask]      Yes, I love chocolate.