From:
Patricia Downs <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Jun 1998 18:05:19 +1000
Would anyone be able to tell me how they define "Virtual tour"?  What does it mean to you? Generally, museums appear to give an overview of their collections with various uses of technology - panoramic views, Quicktime movies, for example. Does the term "virtual tour" imply use of technology to give the feeling of actually being there? I have seen sites that refer to a virtual tour there merely present images and text. Isn't this more a "tour" than a "virtual tour". Glad to have your comments.
trish