From:
Marta Bartfai <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 Apr 1996 00:50:43 +1200
Hi,

I'm a final year textile design student doing a research project on
the history of fasteners on clothing. Part of this project is to
design a presentation of the research findings. It would help me a
great deal to decide on an appropriate form of presentation (eg
written report or multimedia) if I had some idea of how people would
actually use such information.

I would be grateful if you could take a few minutes to answer the
questions below, and send them back to me by email.

Thank you for your help in advance.

Marta Bartfai

-------------------------- cut here ---------------------------
***    Please return the questions below      ***
*** with your answers to [log in to unmask] ***

1. In your work or everyday life, you probably have had
   to find information about past events, people,
   artifacts and so on. What form of information do you
   prefer? Written or visual?

2. Where do you go FIRST to find the required information?
   Library, museum, or other?

3. Do you normally go to LIBRARIES to do your research?

4. If yes, how do you find the accessibility of
   information in libraries?

5. Do you normally look for published research, or try
   to trace original information (primary source)?

6. Do you normally go to MUSEUMS to do your research?

7. If yes, please name the museum(s).

8. If yes, how do you find the accessibility of
   information in museums?

9. Are you interested in costume history?

10. Do you carry out research into costumes as part
    of your WORK? If yes, how often?

11. Do you carry out research into costumes as a
    HOBBY? If yes, how often?

12. What are your favourite sources of information
    (books, magazines, etc)?

13. Please indicate here if you work in a museum or
    library.

14. Can you list up to 3 qualities you would look for
    (use most often) in an information source?
    (Eg. fast access, easy to use, etc)