From:
Matthew A White <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Mar 1994 17:57:22 -0500
To the Entire List

I work in a small to medium size History Museum that relies on outdated, donated
 office machines and part-time help.  Our development office recently came into
some money to computerize, standardize, and professionalize its records.  Over t
he years we have received many advertisements and fliers for fund-raising softwa
re, but we neverr dreamed we could afford it.  Now that we can, of course, the a
dvertisement supply has dried up.  Could anyone out there suggest a software pac
kage (or packages).  We would really be interested in hearing from people who co
uld give testimonials or direct us to someone who can provide the correct litera
ture.  If you are so kind as to reply please keep the following in mind:
A.  All of our computers are at least 7 years out of date.  Most are PCs with on
ly 1/2 a Megabyte of memory or less.  We have one MacPlus in the corner we save
for page lay-out and some word processing.
B.  We have no professional computer person on or near our staff.  We have a few
 interns who have taken a couple of classes, but any software package would have
 to come with loads of tech. support and/or excellent, user friendly manuals.
C. Our two development officers have other duties and do not have a great deal o
f time to devote to learner complex programs.

Thank you in advance for any help you may be able to provide.
Please contact me personally at
Telephone (410)727-4808
FAX (410)727-4869
Snail Mail:
Matthew A White
Director of Education
Baltimore Museum of Industry
1415 Key Highway
Baltimore, MD 21230
History, noun- An account mostly false, of events mostly unimportant, which are
brought about by rulers mostly knaves, and soldiers mostly fools.
                                    -Ambrose Bierce