From:
Matthew White <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 May 1998 22:56:55 -0400
'The Simpsons' have been spoofing museums for years including Children's
Museums, Historical Societies, Living History Museum,  Military Battle
Fields & Reenactments, and now I guess the Smithsonian (although I missed
last night's.)  My personal favorite is when Bart, visiting the home of
Jebidiah Springfield (or was that Historic Springfield I forget, founder
of the town, silver tongues pirate, and originator of whacking day ,
notes that the docent's talk directly contradicts the introductory
video's account of Jebediah's whereabouts on the day he whacked his first
snake.  The docent then put into motion the security team that whisked
him out of the museum for figuring out their secret.  Would that we all
had such security systems for those unruly guests   :  )

Maybe a future AAM session can be just a bunch of us sitting around
wathcing those episodes.

Followed by the appropriate scholarly discussion of course.

Matthew White
Director of Education
B&O Railroad Museum