From:
Binnu Jacob <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 May 1996 15:27:03 -0400
It might be of some help if one could do a comprehensive study on
Dr.Grace Morely, the founding Director of the National Museum in New
Delhi. She was not only a pioneer woman Director, but also a professional
who proved her mettle in a totally different socio-cultural milieu in
India ~ especially at a time when ironically India was trying to loosen
the British shackles !
GEORGE JACOB
COMMONWEALTH FELLOW
MUSEUM STUDIES PROGRAM