From:
Trent Litchfield <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Sep 2003 11:45:40 -0500
Changing the time of the meeting might not be fair to other board members
who have already made plans around the current meeting date/time.  If the
board is lucky enough to be able to change their plans without any problems
then that would be great.  I suspect others will have conflicts and moving
the board meeting might result in hurt feelings.  It might also set an
unwanted pattern of board members always changing the dates/times of the
meetings.  This can be troublesome for the members of the board, the staff,
and any members of the public who might want to attend meetings.

Trent Litchfield,
Graduate Student
Murray State University

>From: Trevor Reynolds <[log in to unmask]>
>To: [log in to unmask]
>Subject: Re: Board members who can't attend meetings
>Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2003 17:15:19 +0100
>
>I know this is going to sound silly but why not change the times of the
>board meetings? If this board member has skills and or experience that make
>them a valued member of the board then this might be the best solution.
>
>Having an attendance policy for board members is also a good idea.
>
>Trevor Reynolds
>
>Trevor Reynolds
>Collections Registrar, English Heritage
>Room 605, 23 Savile Row, London, W1S 2ET, UK
>tel: +44 (0)20 7973 3482 fax: +44 (0)20 7973 3001 (GTN  3503 3482)

>Has anyone had any experience with board members who are not able to
>attend board meetings for a period of several months? I have a board
>member who plans to take a course and the course times conflict with our
>board meeting times. This board member is supposed to give a report at
>each meeting. I'm concerned about setting a bad precedent among other
>things. Has anyone had to deal with this before? Is this something that
>the board should discuss and decide on?
>
>Joy Houle

>Important Subscriber Information:
>
>The Museum-L FAQ file is located at
>message to [log in to unmask] . The body of the message should
>read "help" (without the quotes).

>[log in to unmask] . The body of the message should read "Signoff
>Museum-L" (without the quotes).

>This e-mail is intended solely for the above-mentioned recipient
>and it may contain confidential or privileged information. If you
>have received it in error, please notify us immediately and delete
>the e-mail. You must not copy, distribute, disclose or take any
>action in reliance on it.
>
>English Heritage
>Telephone 020 7973 3000
>Facsimile 020 7973 3001
>www.english-heritage.org.uk

>Important Subscriber Information:
>
>The Museum-L FAQ file is located at
>message to [log in to unmask] . The body of the message should
>read "help" (without the quotes).

>[log in to unmask] . The body of the message should read "Signoff
>Museum-L" (without the quotes).

Express yourself with MSN Messenger 6.0 -- download now!
http://www.msnmessenger-download.com/tracking/reach_general