From:
Candace Perry <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 1 Aug 2004 14:03:54 -0400
Not wanting to play the devil's advocate, I guess...but...just as some folks
think their little kiddos are angels, when they're rotten little
hellions...isn't that true of some dog owners?  And a misbehaving dog has
teeth.  I also would be concerned about dogs relating to other dogs in a
museum building -- not so much an open-air museum, perhaps.
I'm sure that previously dog-friendly places, like Sturbridge, had one too
many incidents due to sometime unpredictability of dog behavior.  NOT ALL
DOGS, mind you...just like saying all ex husbands are pains in the butt...
Now, if we're talkin'pets, what's to keep me from the museum with my cat on
a leash?  Would it excite the dogs, to see my cat on a leash?  Would the cat
run roughshod over the 18th century upholstery?
I think the kids vs. dogs issue, to me, is difficult...if you're a parent of
a small child, and you want to go to a museum and don't have a sitter...you
must take him or her.  You can, however, leave two year old ToTo at home.  I
frankly would want to encourage my visitors to HAVE THE BEST EXPERIENCE
POSSIBLE, and in my organization...not a children's museum...that might mean
leaving the babes at home -- and the pooch. And the cat. And the iguana. And
the ferret.
Very amused by all this, but I do see your points,
Candace Perry