From:
Shannon Lindridge <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Jan 2008 10:26:17 -0500
One question I havae is the purpose of applying the B-72 lacquer to the glass
side?  If it is so you may apply a number to the slide, keep in mind when the
slide is developed the number will show through onto the print.  You may be
better off numbering the edge of the glass negative.  If numbering along the
edge is going to become the M.O. for number the glass negs in your collection,
keep the location of where you number the slides constant, so those after you
will be able to find the numbers easly.  Aas far as conservation issues, I am
not sure.  I think glass is pretty inert, but not sure about off gasing, if any,
and the delicate emulsion on the opposite side of the negative.

Shannon Lindridge, Collections Manager
Tha History Center in Tompkins County
Ithaca, NY 14850