From:
Jill Chancey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 4 Sep 2005 17:02:19 -0500
 The Walter Anderson Museum on the Gulf Coast is in desperate need of a
paper conservator, as 1000s of Anderson works have been waterlogged.  Please
contact Bill Andrews, who is in contact with WAMA if you can help:

 William Andrews
Gallery Director
Mississippi State University
Department of Art
Box 5182
Mississippi State, MS 39762
(662) 325-2970
(662) 325-0393 voice mail

We do not know the status of the George Ohr Museum at this time.  Anyone?

Here in Laurel the Lauren Rogers Museum of Art suffered minimal damage (so
far as we can tell) and our trees did not fall on us.  Laurel itself is full
of downed trees, damaged houses and power lines, and hardly anyone has power
or phone service.  LRMA had no power for about 4 days but we are back online
(though not yet open to the public).

Please also see

www.msmf.org

for information on how to assist Mississippi museums to recover.

thank you,

Jill R. Chancey, Curator
Lauren Rogers Museum of Art
PO Box 1108