From:
MARK FOWLE <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Aug 1997 17:31:29 -0700

> Subject: Exhibit development
> Date: Wed, 13 Aug 1997 08:44:53 -0700
> From: Catalina Island Museum Patricia Anne Moore or Stacey Otte
>
> Hi!
> Our museum is a small (ca. 2500 sq. ft) history museum and we are
> contemplating a complete revamping of our galleries in the next 5-7
> years.  Are there other small institutions that have gone through this
> process that could share their experiences?  Our director has concerns
> about how one develops such a complex project.  At what point do you
> involve exhibit designers?  How does one handle the exhibit designer
> selection process?  Should one develop models, etc. and then go after
> funding?  Does NEH still offer planning grants for such projects?
> Thanks in advance for your advice!
>
> Stacey Otte
> Collections Manager
> Catalina Island Museum

ASTC Association of Science Technology Centers also has some very good
publications which cover this subject.  Their website is www.astc.org
and I think they have some info about their publications online.  They
also have a pamphlet they can send you.

-Mark-

**************************************
* Mark Fowle, General Manager        *