From:
Deb Fuller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 May 2008 21:06:46 -0400
I know this is going to make everyone cringe but when I was in jr.
high (well over 25 years ago), my school had a bell from the USS
Hammond because our school was named after Francis C. Hammond, a local
navy medic that received the Medal of Honor during the Korean War.
Said bell was graffitied along with the school walls one evening so
the school had to call the Navy which sandblasted the bell clean.
Looked really shiny after that.  :)

Deb