From:
Christine Castle <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Sep 1995 11:34:37 -0400
I am posting this for my colleague, Barbara Soren. Please address
inquiries to her at [log in to unmask]

                        CALL FOR PAPERS
                  Research in Museum Education

We invite museum professionals, researchers and students interested in
museum education to submit a paper for the 1996 conference organized by
the Special Interest Group on Education and Museums (SIGEM) of the
Canadian Educational Researcher's Association, which in turn is part of
the Cdn. Society for the Study of Education. This conference will take
place during the next Learned Societies Conference in St. Catharines
(Ontario, Canada) next June.

The theme for the 1996 Education and Museums Conference is, _At the
Frontiers of Museum Education_. Proposals should address original,
significant research which will contribute to knowledge related to
educating publics in museums and/or educational practice related to
museum settings. We are particularly interested in theme-related papers
and interactive sessions which will promote dialogue about museum
education research (e.g., panel discussions or town meetings on a
specific issue, interactive symposia examining specific problems or
topics, roundtable discussions about individual papers,
research-in-progress inviting responses to ongoing research).

Send your proposal no later than December 15, 1995 to:
Dr. Barbara Soren, SIGEM, Ontario Institute for Studies in Education,
Higher Education Group, 252 Bloor St. West, Toronto, Ontario M5S 1V5
Tel: (416) 923-6641 ext. 2437
Fax: (416) 787-7548
e-mail: [log in to unmask]

The SIGEM works at the publication of its annual conference proceedings
and supports research on museum education. It also wishes to be an annual
platform for discussion between museum professionals and members of the
academic community interested in museum education across Canada.