From:
"Anne M. Nagrant" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Apr 2009 10:52:39 -0400
Well, a pie that I baked in MY easy-bake-oven won Best of Show at the
State Fair! And when the fair was over, the governor himself paid me $50
for it. He thought it was so delicious, and eating it put him into such
a good mood, that he was able to work out a balanced budget for the
first time since he was elected, and I got a signed Letter of
Commendation from his office due to my being responsible for the whole
thing.

Next time, I'll tell you about the time the fire department's ladder
broke and my Tinker Toy tower was used to rescue a baby from a burning
house.

;)

(I agree with Deb's point, below. Unless it's an account of a baseball
game or something that's competetive, such that somebody might not want
to admit losing or to being untalented, I would suspect that the vast
majority of the memories shared are true, to the best of the person's
recollection.)