From:
Estie Karpman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Nov 1997 08:52:16 -0600
Colleen:
        Your membership is much larger than ours but I find membership/friends
groups are the bottom of the pyramid of giving. We offer, free receptions
and special discounts, etc. for our members. Our planned giving and annual
fund campaigns come from this select group. I have found if people believe
in your mission enough to become a member they will give and give again if
you treat them special. I would be happy to discuss these issues further,
if you want detailed information. (Big or small -- sound planning for a
strong development program is the key.)

Estie Karpman
Development Director
Illinois State Museum