From:
Nancy McCartney <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Aug 1997 10:10:34 -0500
Strange as it may see, this fall we will have a small, quick  exhibit on
elephants which retire to a sanctuary in Arkansas----the Riddle Elephant
Breeding Farm and Sanctuary, apparently the only such facility of its kind
in North America (?)  In any case, although I have an articulated leg and we
have a cast of a mammoth/mastodon with distinctive teeth, we don't have much
to augment this exhibit.  Does anyone have any suggestion of what you might
loan from October 6-November 30, or where we could get info about biology,
elephants in daily life, etc.???????  Don't forget me! Thanks.
Dr. Nancy Glover McCartney
Curator of Zoology/Discovery Room Coordinator
202 Museum
University of Arkansas
Fayetteville, AR 72701

phone: 501-575-4370 (Collections)