From:
Alan Thompson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 9 Dec 2013 21:28:21 +0000
I work for the state in the same state as HM. Heather, you've been lucky. With the state, the supervisor at each site has the ability to declare inclement weather. If done, all full time state employees get paid as if they had worked. If inclement weather is not declared, the person has until 10am to get to work and still gets paid for 8 hrs. Anything past 10am or if the person doesn't go in at all, the person must use earned vacation time or holiday time. Seasonal employees (our part-timers) are only paid for time worked. If the site is closed, they don't get paid for it unless they've earned a holiday previously and choose to use it.