From:
Adriaan LINTERS <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 28 Sep 1996 17:55:04 -0700
Carol Ghiorsi Hart wrote:

> I am looking for sources of electric power generation
> records from the 1930's and earlier, for a historical
> study.  Specifically, I am looking for chart recordings
> detailing the load shape of small plants, located on
> estates or in small towns, but not cities.
>
> I have found a detailed chart recording archive
> from the powerhouse at the William K. Vanderbilt II Estate
> and am working with a professor of electrical engineering and
> computer science. We believe these can be analyzed in new ways
> which will provide novel historical information.
>
> If anyone is aware of any similar historical
> chart recordings, please let me know.
> Thank you.
>
> Carol Ghiorsi Hart
> Curator of Social Sciences
> Vanderbilt Museum, Centerport, NY
> (516) 854-5551

I'm not sure if this question also relates to sources of European
Historic Electric Power Data.
For Belgium you can contact the 'Energeia Museum', Mr. Roger De
Maertelaere, Langerbruggekaai 3, B-9000 Gent, Flanders-Belgium, tel.
(+32)9.3451511, fax (+32)9.2539804.
This is an old power station opened to the public as a 'museum' by the
energy company 'Electrabel' (who actually has the almost-monopoly for
power distribution in Belgium). They also stock there large quantity of
their archives, including archives of former companies that merged. The
earliest documents date from just after World War I

Adriaan Linters
Kleio nv heritage consultants
Vlamingstraat 4
B-8560 Wevelgem