From:
Margo Muhl Davis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 Sep 2000 14:08:36 -0400
Publicize your programs in the
2001 ARCHAEOLOGICAL FIELDWORK OPPORTUNITIES BULLETIN

The Archaeological Institute of America invites you to advertise your
archaeological field school, tour program, or job listing in the 2001
Archaeological Fieldwork Opportunities Bulletin (AFOB). Listing is free and
the book is published annually. The AFOB reaches over 1,300 people each
year, and it helps connect willing workers with archaeological digs around
the world.

appropriate illustrations in the body of the AFOB along with more
opportunities for children under 18 and for senior citizens. Our readers
also are interested in finding paid positions in archaeology. If you are a
member of a contract firm who routinely hires field crew, consider
providing us with basic details, so that we can more effectively help our
readers find you.

If all your details are not fully finalized by the deadline, your program
may still be included with a notation of whom to contact for more
information

To be included in the 2001 edition (available in January) please return
this form to:
AFOB, Archaeological Institute of America, 656 Beacon Street, Boston, MA
02215 by OCTOBER 16. This form is also available on our web site at
http://www.archaeological.org.

We hope you will contribute to our publication. This is a unique
opportunity to publicize your program and to recruit volunteers, students,
and staff. We look forward to hearing from you.

ORDERING INFORMATION:
To order the 2001 AFOB, please contact:

AIA Order Department
Kendall/Hunt Publishing Company
4050 Westmark Dr.
Dubuque, IA 52002
(800) 228-0810 or (319) 589-1000

Price is $12.25 for AIA members or $15.25 for non-members, plus $4.00
shipping for the first copy and $0.50 for each additional copy. Advance
orders are taken beginning in November.

AFOB ENTRY FORM

GENERAL INFORMATION:
Name of site:
Location of site:
Period of site occupation:

EDUCATIONAL PROGRAMS AND VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES:

This program is primarily for :
        Adults
        Children (under 18)
        Minimum age

Dates of program:

Application deadline:

Educational program is:
Field school
Study Tour
Museum Internship
        Simulated dig
Other

Is College credit available?
Number of credits offered:
Institution offering credits:

Tuition/fees:

Experience required:

Skills preferred:

Housing available (Please indicate costs as well):
        None
        Dorms
        Bunkhouse
        Tents
        Hotel
        Other

Program pays for (please indicate if it pays for volunteers as well):
Lodging
Meals
Insurance
Local commute
Travel to project

Participant pays for (Please indicate which costs volunteers are
responsible for as well):

STAFF POSITIONS:
Position(s):

Dates needed:

Application deadline:

Experience required:

Salary:

Program pays for:
Lodging
Meals
Insurance
Local commute
Travel to project

Participant pays for:

Does your company/program regularly have positions to fill?

If yes, when is the busy season?

What types of positions are usually available?

Where is your work usually conducted?

What application materials should be sent?

How should people inquire about job openings?
        E-mail
Mail
Phone
FAX
Web site

CONTACT INFORMATION:
Director:

Sponsoring institution/organization:

Contact Information:
Name:
Address:
Telephone:
Fax:
E-mail:
Web URL:

DESCRIPTION OF PROGRAM:
Please include a short description of your program including information on
the significance of the site/area and its history, your needs for the
coming season, and briefly describe the educational program and/or field
conditions.

BIBLIOGRAPHY:
Please list background reading (usually 1-10 sources) that will familiarize
participants with the project, if appropriate.

ILLUSTRATIONS:
Please consider including photos/illustrations for reproduction in the AFOB
or the AIA Newsletter. Photos may be submitted either as hardcopies or
electronically as high-resolution jpeg or tiff files. Photos will not be
returned. If your photo is chosen for the cover you will receive a
complimentary copy of the 2001 AFOB. Please include the names of the
photographer and people pictured (if applicable) and permission to print
the photograph or illustration. If the photo is of specific, identifiable
people (versus an overview of people working generally) please also include
their permission to reprint the photo.

The AIA does not sponsor or endorse any listed entries and reserves the
right to withhold publication of any entry.

DEADLINE FOR ENTRIES: OCTOBER 16, 2000

Please mail, fax, or e-mail information to:
Archaeological Institute of America
656 Beacon Street, Boston, MA 02215-2006, USA
Telephone: (617) 353-8708
FAX: (617)353-6550
e-mail: [log in to unmask]

or fill out a form on our Web site at http://www.archaeological.org