Date:
Wed, 5 Dec 2001 10:08:43 -0800
Dear Artist/Teacher:

The Palo Alto Art Center's Children's' Art Program is looking for
interesting artists who are great with kids to teach this summer. If you
are interested, please respond before December 23. Please pass this on
to any qualified, interested person.

We are planning for summer art intensive workshops and minicamps. In our
recent history, we have offered summer specials in wood sculpture,
miniature golf course building, landscape drawing, vehicles, sound art,
performance, puppetry and a host of other wild and wonderful titles. The
pay this year will be $25.00 per hour, plus ten minutes of prep time per
class - which works out to a little over four dollars extra per class.

I would like us to continue to offer a wide variety of classes of three
kinds - innovative, academic and multi-cultural. We're especially
looking for people who can teach computer art and web design classes.

Minicamps are scheduled as week-long classes, 2.5 hours in length,
Monday through Friday. If the morning class (9:30 AM to noon) is for
young kids (age 5-7) then the afternoon class (1:00 PM to 3:30 PM) will
be for older kids (age 8-14) and visa versa.

Intensives run Tuesday through Friday and are usually three hours a day
and aimed at older kids. We have more flexibility with class length and
age group with Intensives.

Thanks for your help in putting together another awesome summer program.

If you are interested in teaching this summer:

1. Please list proposed class titles/descriptions:

2. Please tell which of the following weeks you are available or not
available:

Week 1 - June 24-28
Week 2 - July 8-12
Week 3 - July 15-19
Week 4 - July 22-26
Week 5 - July 29-August 2
Week 6 - August 5-9
Week 7 - August 12-16
Week 8 - August 19-23

If you have never taught for us before, and have experience teaching
children, please mail or email me a resume.

Thanks all!

Please reply to:

Larnie Fox

Children's Art Program