From:
"Pathe, Janet" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Apr 1997 09:48:05 +1000
Allison,

I also use the B72 base coat (30% in acetone).  When numbering objects
my general rule of thumb is:  if it's a light background use black ink
for the number, if it's a dark background use white ink for the number.

This appears more aesthetic than having white bands on objects.

Janet Pathe
Assistant Collection Manager
History & Technology Collection
Museum of Victoria, Australia