From:
AnneFarrel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 May 1998 20:49:43 EDT
In a message dated 5/26/98 5:09:20 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
***[log in to unmask]** writes:

<< Am I correct in assuming that they will be taking place simultaneously, or
 was that an unusual occurrence when it happened in 1997? >>

Generally, Documenta occurs approximately every 5 years or so; whereas the
Biennale (as its name suggests) is every 2 years.  It was unusual that they
coincided in '97, and I am pretty sure that there won't be a Documenta again
until at least 2000 if not later.

Both had websites, but Documenta's was far more accessible.  I'm not sure the
addresses, but you should be able to unearth them via web search engines.  Any
web site that focuses on Venice as a tourist destination probably has
information about the Biennale, as well as lodging, etc.

Good luck.