From:
JCA Boeyens <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Dec 1996 13:30:54 +0200
Gosh Jay we do have cities in Africa and I quite enjoy not wallowing in
the cynicism of the 90s. Its one of the advantages of achieving the sort
of socia/political  revolution the West was talking and writing about in the
60s. We are a bit behind admittedly but I think in quite a nice way. Yes its
a pity to have historical or attractive buildings defaced but sometimes it
does have its place especially if those buildings represent a past (and a
present) that is oppresive of most citizens-history is something
happening today-the landscape shouldn't be frozen just because some
of us benefit from the status quo.

Just my 2 cents worth which is valued these days at 0.5 cents here so
please take this with the smile its intended to have-I just enjoy the myriad
sides to each story.

Kathryn