From:
Peter Volk <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 9 Sep 1995 16:15:27 +1000
My thanks to all those who contributed their advice to me on the issue of
making databases accept incomplete dates. I've pulled your comments off the
net and will be sharing them with my colleagues at work. I may be asked to
contact some of you privately for more information. At the moment we seem to
have decided to go for a three interger column system, with days in their
own column, and so fourth. FYI, the database is presently being written in
Access. The pevious version was written (very poorly) in R:Base.
Peter Volk               |"I am not stupid, I am not expendable
Queensland Museum        | and I am not going." - Avon (Blakes Seven)
Australia                |
[log in to unmask]  | I speak for myself, not my employer.