From:
Bill Lazenby <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Mar 1996 16:37:00 -0600
This is just a note to let everyone know that effective March 29th, I am
leaving my position here at the First Division Museum at Cantigny and moving
to Virginia.

I will be taking a position as Curator with the recently opened and
privately funded Pamplin Park Civil War Site, west of Petersburg in
Dinwiddie County Virginia.  The park is located at the site of the Union
Army's breakthrough of the Confederate lines around Petersburg on April 2,
1865.  As a result of the breakthrough, Petersburg and Richmond were
evacuated and the surrender at Appomattox followed shortly after. The site
includes preserved defensive lines as well as a plantation house used as
headquarters by McGowan's South Carolina Brigade during its period at
Petersburg.

Pamplin Park will also be the home of the National Museum of the Civil War
Soldier, the first phase of which will open in 1999.

Unfortunately, the park does not yet have a WWW page, and I will be
temporarily disconnected from the net and museum-l.  Anyone wishing to
contact me can do so by snail mail or telephone:

Pamplin Park Civil War Site
6523 Duncan Road
Petersburg, VA  23803

804-861-2408
fax 804-861-2820

I would be thrilled to hear from anyone in the Richmond / Petersburg area.
I know that I will be doing a lot of "networking" in my first few months there.

Best wishes to everyone - I hope to be reconnected soon.

Bill Lazenby

Bill Lazenby                                    Tel:    708-260-8187
Director of Museum Operations                   Fax:    708-260-9298
The First Division Museum at Cantigny           E-Mail: [log in to unmask]
1 South 151 Winfield Road                http://www.xnet.com/~fdmuseum
Wheaton, IL  60187-6097
USA