From:
Jack Thompson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Dec 1995 00:04:18 -0800
Sinclair Lewis spent a lot of time on the lecture circuit, once his
books/articles gained an audience.

He had false teeth.  He carried plaster molds for the false teeth with
him, just in case.  The plaster molds form part of the collection of the
Lilly Library, Indiana University, Bloomington campus.  They also have a
box of pencils manufactured by Thoreau's family.  Made me wonder whether
or not he wrote <On Walden Pond> with a pencil of his own make....

Then there is the Kinsey Sex Research Institute (also on the Bloomington
Campus).  I was asked in to survey the prints and drawings collection,
and then they asked me to look at the French Tickler collection, and the
used leather underwear bits, but that's another story.

Jack C. Thompson
Thompson Conservation Lab
Portland, OR