From:
"Robert T. Handy" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Oct 1997 07:37:10 -0500
Tim Clarke, Jr. wrote:

> Ladies and Gentlemen:
>
> I am the Director of Public Relations at the National Museum of American
> Jewish Military History in Washington, D.C.  We are a small, growing
> museum dedicated to preserving the contribution of the American Jew to
> the U.S. military.  We are moving onto the Internet more and more and
> are developing a virtual tour of our current exhibit, titled An
> American, A Sailor, and  Jew: The Life and Career of Commodore Uriah P.
> Levy, USN (1792-1862).  We have concept and text and pictures, and
> eventually audio and video.  I am interested in knowing what the
> respected members of this forum think are some of the best
> online/virtual exhibits so that I can check them out and see what we are
> missing.
>
> If you are interested in finding out more about us, check our website:
> www.penfed.org/jwv/museum.htm
>
> Thanks for any help in advance.
>
> Tim Clarke, Jr.
> Public Relations
> National Museum of American Jewish Military History (NMAJMH)

Take a look at www. bchm.org.  We just received an AASLH Award of Merit
for our website.  The core of the site is our Austin Colony exhibit.  It
is our "permanent" exhibit on Anglo-Colonial Texas, 1821-36.  Seems to
be getting good reviews.  Let us know what you think.

Bob Handy

P.S.  We get over 2000 visits a week from all over the world.  Could
have something to do with the global fascination with Texas.