From:
Roger Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 7 Jan 2006 14:40:20 +1300
Welcome to this edition of DINOSAURNEWS - the international Dinosaur Webzine
with bite!

This Week's Headlines: (For the FULL STORY visit the NEWS section of the
webzine at this address: http://www.dinosaurnews.org )

**  Canadian jailed in China for smuggling fossils
A Canadian academic was sentenced to seven years in a Chinese jail Thursday
after being found guilty of heading a smuggling operation trafficking nearly
3,000 dinosaur fossils within China and abroad

**  Ancient dinosaur tracks now under cover in Dixie
Three types of theropod dinosaur tracks from meat-eating dinosaurs have been
identified - the Eubrontes, Grallator and Gigandipus

**  Mongolia looks to archaeologists and dinosaur hunters to help create
jobs
Archaeologists and dinosaur hunters are digging up Mongolia's vast
countryside, seeking to retrace thousands of years of history in this
storied but still mysterious land

**  Spend the day with dinosaurs
In the Great Room, the museum's centerpiece, visitors can view a 110-foot
long mural depicting "The Age of Reptiles" and a number of dinosaur
skeletons including the only skeleton officially labeled a Brontosaurus
lists. Simply send an email to: [log in to unmask]

**  Deaf As A Dinosaur
If tyrannosaurus rex were still alive, it would not be able to hear a human
screaming, new research has found

**  Not Dinos But: Meet paleoclimatologist Jane Francis
Francis has fossils from Antarctica which show that, even after the
continent drifted to its current polar position, it used to boast a lush,
green sub-tropical forest

**  A Real Find For Fossils
Rarely a day passes that they do not find the teeth, bones or other remains
of a dinosaur or other prehistoric animal or plant at Project Dino, their
excavation site on the banks of Lake Barreales

**  Dinosaur mystery solved
She wasn't a rare Nanotyrannus, as some scientists had suspected since the
first of her bones were unearthed by museum staff and volunteers in Montana
in 2001

**  Coming Event at the Natural History Museum, London
Dino Jaws, 30 June 2006 - 15 April 200

DINOSAURNEWS webzine now read in 80 countries. Hundreds of Dinosaur Books,
The latest Dinosaur News, Dinosaur Games, Dinolinks and a Dinomall. Read
something ferocious this week: http://www.dinosaurnews.org

SEND US YOUR NEWS: Does your Museum have a dinosaur focus? Put us on your
media database. We welcome your news of events, discoveries and exhibitions

GET YOUR LOCAL MUSEUM TO ADD our RSS news feed to their web site, at this
address: http://www4.wave.co.nz/~jollyroger/dino2004/dinosaur.xml
What our readers say:
I must say first that I subscribe to your E-mail news letters and read them
voraciously for book ideas. The news blurbs are such a wonderful service to
us dino fanciers!
Christine Gentry - author of 'Mesozoic Murder 'and 'Carnosaur Crimes'

Thank you for an interesting, useful site. I recommend it to teachers who
continue to contact me after 6 years of retirement. I also volunteer at the
local science museum and recommend your site to the many children who visit
it.
Marvin Selnes, Sioux Falls, SD

Thank You for the excellent coverage you've given my ongoing research.
Best regards,
Marilyn D. Wegweiser, Ph.D., Affiliate Faculty, Idaho Museum of Natural
History