From:
Heather McClenahan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 21 Mar 2011 10:41:03 -0600
Hi Marilynn,
    We find that one of our offers, a free copy of one of the books we
have published, goes over well. That, however, is not the reason
people increase their giving level. Basically, people support us
because they want to. They like we are doing, and preserving this
history is important to them. It's an intrinsic thing that can't be
measured, and I'm not sure if it can be explained.
    If you find any answers on the volunteer aspect, let us know!
Best,
Heather McClenahan, assistant museum director
Los Alamos Historical Society
http://www.losalamoshistory.org
PO Box 43
1050 Bathtub Row