From:
Helen Alten <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Feb 1997 12:22:46 -0600
CoOL is a cool site.  The archives and a search engine are on the web along
with links to many preservation/conservation sites.  The e-mail discussion
group is monitored by Walter Henry (a god-send!).  For conservation queries,
write:
To talk to Walter directly, write:

Anyone can participate, regardless of expertise.  The Object Group of the
AIC has begun a separate discussion forum that is closed to the general
public.  But CoOL is not.  There are many archives and museum related
questions answered every week.

And, yes, "preservation" encompasses "conservation".  I generally think of
preservation as being broader.

Helen Alten
Field Services Director
The Upper Midwest Conservation Association
2400 3rd Avenue South
Minneapolis, MN 55404