From:
"Bosher, Tim" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Jan 1999 09:18:56 +1000
It might be worth looking at http://amol.org.au/
This is a large scale collaborative project involving a considerable number
of museums. This is probably somewhat different from what you are looking to
achieve, however the problems and issues addressed by AMOL are unlikely to
be very far away form what you will face:

What data do you present?
Is Dublin Core adequate for a minimum data set?
Use of images? (size, format, etc)
Copyright and moral rights?
Security?
In what format should data be collected  and where should it be hosted
What is the state of curent collection catalogues and are they available in
digital form
Searching tools and use of metadata
etc etc

Good luck with the project