From:
James Hascall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 Aug 2000 10:41:51 -0700
    Benchmark and the Campbell Center are both excellent resources for
mountmaking information and training and David LaTouche & company, and
Pam Gaible are some of the best in the field. I see that the Campbell
Center class (www.campbellcenter.org) has already passed this year. I
wasn't able to find a schedule for the Benchmark seminars at their site
(www.benchmarkcatalog.com), but I would recommend calling them directly
to see if any are scheduled.
    My company also offers mountmaking seminars here in Seattle or at
your location. These seminars can be coupled with a consultation on your
collection and analysis of the specific design problems involved in the
exhibit that you have ahead of you. In this manner we can work out the
needs of your shop facility, research local sources of supply, and train
multiple members of the staff without the cost of sending them all to an
off site location. I have just finished  giving a training at the Paris
Gibson Square Museum of Art in Great Falls MT, and have done seminars at
the Anchorage Museum of History and Art in Anchorage Alaska, and the
Octagon Center for the Arts in  Ames Iowa. I have worked  with Seattle
Art Museum, The University of Washington Burke Museum, and many of the
other large institutions in the region, as well as important private
collections. My company specializes in conservationally sound mounts for
object safety, aesthetic presentation, and seismic mitigation. Please
feel free to contact me by e-mail or phone if I can be of assistance to
your institution. I will soon have a web site up at www.mountmaking.com
with pictures and details of past projects, so watch for future
announcements.

Jamie Hascall
Lead Mountmaker
Hascall Museum Services