Date:
Fri, 9 Jun 2000 14:35:11 -0400
Chris:
For distance ed look at Philadelphia Museum of Art. They actually have a
distance education coordinator on staff and offer videoconferencing programs
for children on a regular basis. I think their commitment to making it happen
certainly puts them at the top of this category. Also, the Exploratorium has a
new grant from NSF to use palm pilots for some sort of technology program.
They are porbably at the top of the field in encouraging media and technology
literacy.
Hope this helps and Good luck!
-Jessica Ruskin

The other ones are pretty tough categories.
>===== Original Message From Museum discussion list
>Good morning
>
>I am working on a project for our Director of Education to find who has the
Best Practices in four fields.  If you think a certain  organization should be
in a particular category, I would greatly appreciate your thoughts.  These can
include
>museums, historical settlements (e.g. Plymouth Plantation), zoos,
universities, and possibly theme parks.  If possible, please provide the name
of the person who coordinates these activities.

>Who do you feel has:
>
>1.  The best visitor interpretation
>2.  The best in encouraging media and technology literacy
>3.  The best school programs
>4.  The best distance learning geared toward elementary and middle schools
(this may be from a university)

>Thank you for your help.
>

>Chris Miller
>Education Department Student Assistant
>The Children's Museum of Indianapolis
>P.O. Box 3000
>Indianapolis, IN  46206
>317-334-3322
>
>Important Subscriber Information:
>
>The Museum-L FAQ file is located at http://www.finalchapter.com/museum-l-faq/
. You may obtain detailed information about the listserv commands by sending a
one line e-mail message to [log in to unmask] . The body of the
message should
>read "help" (without the quotes).

Museum-L" (without the quotes).