From:
Kirsten Ellenbogen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Jun 1998 18:16:15 -0500
Informal Learning Environments Research
Special Interest Group

The Informal Learning Environments Research SIG (ILER SIG)is a special
interest group of the American Educational Research Association (AERA,
which can be found at http://aera.net).  Membership in the SIG does not
require membership in AERA, though it is recommended.

The purpose of the Informal Learning Environments Research SIG is to further
educational research in informal learning environments such as science centers,
museums, zoos, aquariums, and nature centers, and to promote a community of
practice interested in establishing and maintaining informal learning
environments conducive to better understanding of teaching and learning.

The ILER SIG is new to AERA. After one year of offering sessions on learning in
museums and other informal settings at the annual meeting in San Diego  we
look forward to an enriched and expanded effort next year.

If you have already joined ILER, please share this information with a friend.
The more ILER members we have who are also AERA members, the more sessions we we
will have at the next AERA annual meeting. Please join or renew by June 30th if
possible.

To join the ILER SIG, mail $5.00 (checks payable to AERA SIG) to:

Chris Andersen
Ohio State University
947 East Johnstown Rd
Columbus, OH 43230

Please include your name, address, phone, email address, and whether
you are an AERA member.

For more information, and our most recent newsletter see our web site:
http://darwin.sesp.nwu.edu/informal/

Kirsten Ellenbogen, Vanderbilt University
Graduate Research Assistant, Science Education
Box 330 Peabody, Nashville, TN 37203
Phone: (615) 343-0531   Fax: (615) 322-8999
E-mail: [log in to unmask]