From:
"Robert T. Handy" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Sep 1997 17:32:48 -0500
Catalina Island Museum Patricia Anne Moore or Stacey Otte wrote:

> Hi, Museum-listers...
> We're looking for small to mid-size museums that have gone through (or
> are in the midst of) long-range planning.  We'd love advice (and/or war
> stories!) on the process of preparing a long-range plan in particular.
> What were staff roles vs. board roles?  Did you have board retreats?  If
> so, how were they facilitated?  Any thoughts would be appreciated as
> we're about to launch an evaluation of our current planning efforts.
> Thanks!
>
> Stacey Otte
> Collections Manager
> Catalina Island Museum

Send me some questions.  I have taken this museum through a long-range
planning process (which continues every two years).  The outcomes were a
clarification of staff vs. Board roles, planning, budgeting, etc.

Rather than sending you a book on it, ask some questions so I can be
specific.

Bob Handy
Brazoria County Historical Museum
Angleton, Texas