From:
"Harding, Deborah" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Oct 2001 10:44:43 -0400
Colleagues--our museum has historic collections dating from the years when
we were an undifferentiated, general purpose museum.  We're trying to find
homes for these pieces.  The local historical society has already looked
through and taken many of the things with regional provenience.  Particular
pieces with out-of-region provenience will be transferred to appropriate
venues.
        There are some collections that have me stumped as to what to do
with them, and we have that universal problem, a space crunch.  Anyone with
ideas of what to do specifically with no-data clothing and spinning wheels
(some in workable condition) will earn my undying gratitude.  There are
other, smaller collections to deal with later, but these are the largest and
take up the most space.  Anyone have a need for a nineteenth century, Irish
double-flier flax wheel (that's for spinning two threads simultaneously, one
in each hand)?

Many thanks,
Deborah G. Harding
Collection Manager