From:
Roger Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 30 Jun 2007 19:55:40 +0800
Welcome to this edition of DINOSAURNEWS - the international Dinosaur Webzine
with bite!

This Week's Headlines: (For the FULL STORY visit the NEWS section of the
webzine at this address: http://www.dinosaurnews.org )

**  Scans reveal 3-dimensional object in mystery rock
Observers who watched a high tech scan of Laz Laszlo's mysterious rock saw a
three dimensional object that resembled photographs of a fossilized dinosaur
embryo

**  T. Rex Attack!
The New Mexico Museum of Natural History and Science has announced the
opening of its newest permanent exhibit - T. REX ATTACK! at the Museum in
Old Town Albuquerque

**  Different dinosaurs roamed at same time around Edmonton
Researchers in Edmonton have found bones suggesting two types of large
dinosaurs that had been thought to live in different eras and places likely
roamed the area simultaneously - 70 million years ago

**  Fossils 2007- The golden age of dinosaurs
Scarcely a month goes by without palaeontologists hailing another amazing
discovery

**  Famed palaeontologist to resign post at Montana dinosaur centre
Palaeontologist Nate Murphy, who made headlines when he discovered one of
the world's best-preserved dinosaurs, has announced he will resign July 1
from his unpaid position at Montana's Dinosaur Field Station
lists. Simply send an email to: [log in to unmask]

**  Digging the dinosaurs
Last summer, he was given permission to work at a dinosaur dig site in
northeast Campbell County near the Montana border and has since uncovered
numerous dinosaur fossils that he's started bringing to Gillette

**  Meet the dinosaurs - Their heights, habits and hobbies
For a more meaty examination of the robotic dinosaurs that will be fixtures
in Kalamazoo until Sept. 23, you'll have to visit the museum

**  Other Fossil news - Rethinking penguins, big, warm-weather fossil
All the little penguins that delight folks at the San Francisco Zoo and the
California Academy of Sciences would flee in a hurry if the giant penguins
that lived about 36 million years ago ever came to life

**  Rarest of dino digs unfolds
Down three miles of dirt road, on a farm outside Ten Sleep lay the final
resting place of several dinosaurs that met their end in a mud hole 140
million years ago

**  Author of dinosaur book knows of what he writes
The Midland palaeontologist just unearthed a Triceratops skeleton in the
Badlands of Montana; he stumbled across the 65-million-year-old bones June 6

**  Dinosaurs are gone, but their bones are all about
On this wide and windy, high desert plain, 40 miles northwest of Laramie,
there are dinosaur bones sticking out of the ground that look like chunks of
iron or mahogany, and sometimes, in sunshine, glint like gold

**  Tumbler Ridge Digs all things Dinosaur
The canyon near Tumbler Ridge features BC's first, and western Canada's
oldest, accumulation of dinosaur skeletal material

**  Rare dinosaur fossils to be shown in Shanghai
A rare glimpse into life on Earth more than a 100 million years ago is soon
to open at the Shanghai Science and Technology Museum

**  Vacancy - Director, Royal Tyrrell Museum of Palaeontology
Alberta Tourism, Parks, Recreation and Culture, Drumheller

DINOSAURNEWS webzine now read in 88 countries. Hundreds of Dinosaur Books,
The latest Dinosaur News, Dinosaur Games, Dinolinks and a Dinomall. Read
something ferocious this week: http://www.dinosaurnews.org

SEND US YOUR NEWS: Does your Museum have a dinosaur focus? Put us on your
media database. We welcome your news of events, discoveries and exhibitions

GET YOUR LOCAL MUSEUM TO ADD our RSS news feed to their web site, at this
address: http://www4.wave.co.nz/~jollyroger/dino2004/dinosaur.xml

What our readers say:
I must say first that I subscribe to your E-mail news letters and read them
voraciously for book ideas. The news blurbs are such a wonderful service to
us dino fanciers!
Christine Gentry - author of 'Mesozoic Murder 'and 'Carnosaur Crimes'

Thank you for an interesting, useful site. I recommend it to teachers who
continue to contact me after 6 years of retirement. I also volunteer at the
local science museum and recommend your site to the many children who visit
it.
Marvin Selnes, Sioux Falls, SD

Thank You for the excellent coverage you've given my ongoing research.
Best regards,
Marilyn D. Wegweiser, Ph.D., Affiliate Faculty, Idaho Museum of Natural
History