Date:
Wed, 4 Dec 1996 15:01:58 EST
    I currently am beta testing for Electric Cafe a new generation of
Modelshop. Soon to be released. It is a hybrid drafting based 3D program.
I have been a loyal user of the program for many years and am
particularly excited with the current configuration. It is not a classic
2D drafting program but allows texture mapping and Boulian shape creation
in the plan view. Currently the dimensioning is limited to a default
style and size. What it does very well for me is provide a drafting like
interface in a 3D modeling environment/ the walkthroughs, animation for
presentation, and texture mapping are very effective. Previous
experimentation with other hybrid programs have been disappointing.
DesignWorkshop from Artifice, Inc.(used by archit. design dept., Univ. of
Oregon) was such a disappointment.  If you are curious about ModelShop:

phone:1-800-380-3532

Electric Cafe

250 Columbus Ave.,Suite 207

San Francisco,CA 94133

fax:415-675-7490

Skip Enge

Exhibits Designer                     Oregon Historical Society

1200 S.W. Park Avenue                    Portland,OR  97205

Internet:[log in to unmask]                telephone:503/306-5294

Fax:503/221-2035