From:
Barbara Heath <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Feb 2000 21:54:41 -0500
Stoney Grove is an episodic story set in a virtual Historic House in
England. It is non-commercial. We both work in the museum field and have
designed the site both as a creative outlet and a place to try out ideas
and web techniques that we think may be helpful for non-profit
institutions, especially historic sites.

We recently found a product called Human Click (www.humanclick.com) that
allows visitors to chat in real-time, one-on-one with the a representative
of the host site through the web page.  To see how it might work at
historic house museum sites, we’ve planned some tours. Please come visit
Stoney Grove at 7:00 p.m. on Tuesday, February 15th, and 5:00 p.m. on
Wednesday, the 16th.  Take a self-guided tour and chat with a virtual
docent in each of the different rooms.  We suggest a preliminary visit to
find your way around and get a sense of the site.  Appointments are helpful
to give us a sense of the number of people who plan to join us on-line, but
are not required.

We have no affiliation with Human Click. Currently this product is free and
we’d be happy to share our experiences with other sites that are interested
in using this tool.  Stoney Grove can be found at www.stoneygrove.com.

We can be reached at [log in to unmask]

Mark Freeman and Barbara Heath