From:
Christa McCay <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 21 Nov 2016 11:38:57 -0500
Along the same lines, we do an event the 4th Friday of the month
(Jan.-Oct)entitled "The Remember When Club".  This is geared towards
retired adults since the program is from 10:30am to around noon.  The
program is an oral history, which features a panel of speakers on a
certain topic.  For example, we have done ones about funeral homes,
radio stations, hometown sports, etc.  The panel discusses the topic
(usually they are people that worked, played or has expertise on the
topic) but the audience is encouraged to share their stories and
memories as well.  It is very informal.  We video every club so that
we can use the information for exhibits and for future generations.
This is the second year of the program and we are hopefully going to
be offering an Evening Edition, next year for those who are still
working.  We would only be offering the Evening one quarterly.  These
are free admission events but donations are suggested and if anyone
wants to tour the Museum before or after it is a minimal fee.  We have
found that we get way more people when it is free and have better
donations and Museum Store sales.  Our memberships have gone up too!

We also have a Pop-In for Pop Culture night, on the 2nd Tuesday
evening of the month.  This program allows the Museum to be open late
one night a month, for those who can't get here during normal hours.
We have a different theme every month.  We focus on Pop Culture from
the Baby Boomer Generation including, food, music, games, etc.  It has
been very popular and we are going to continue it into 2017.

Sincerely,

Christa McCay, M.H.P.
Registrar
Marietta Museum of History