From:
Annabelle Campbell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 Jun 2000 23:59:18 +0100
Dear list members,
I am a research student at Kingston University, studying for a PhD focussing
on issues related to both the theory and practice of collecting contemporary
design objects as material culture, in the context of musuem collections.
The research will be strongly case study based. I would therefore be
interested in any opinions as to what museums are considered to have good or
interesting modern/contemporary design collections. I am also interested as
what departments within the museum such collections are held.

As part of this project I am setting up a web site which will be hosted by
Kingston University and linked from the Faculty of Design.I would again be
extremely grateful for any thoughts on this. I would like to establish an on
line resource that will highlight International museums with collections of
modern design, also I would be interested in working with the museums to
preview new acquisitions into the museum collection. This could be updated
every 2-3 months. This would be interesting for students, and those with an
interest in modern design as well as informing the museum community about
what museums are building up the collections in what areas.

Please reply either on or off list with any thoughts comments etc and
information about relevant collections. Also, opinions on the validity of
such a web project.

Thanks in advance,
Annabelle Campbell