From:
Richard Fields <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Jun 2005 07:08:27 -0700
Fellow Listers,
I have an issue with our archives I am hoping you
might help with. We are the official archives for the
Cherokee Nation. Our facility is small and dated, and
with the expansion of tribal services, the Cherokee
Nation has built and implemented a fully intergrated
records management program, complete with warehouse.
What I need assistance on is explaining the difference
between records management and archiving. We do
collect personal papers, recordings, and other
materials outside of tribal records, and our
collections area covers the rest of material culture.
Can you folks help frame some compelling arguments why
we need to remain the official archives despite the CN
records management program? I am going to use the
material in a written response to attempt to educate
the folks at the CN as to our value and importance to
them. One last note. We are an independant 501c3, not
part of the tribal government, although they do donate
about 1/3 to 1/2 of our operating budget. Thanks

Discover Yahoo!