From:
Sue Terry <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 1 Sep 2002 19:04:17 +1000
On 29/8/02 2:52, "Timothy McShane" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

In our highly globalised world, I believe it is very useful for national
institutions to include a geographical (for want of a better word)
descriptor).

Here in our capital of Australia we have:

National Gallery of Australia
National Library of Australia
National Museum of Australia
National Archives of Australia
Australian War Memorial (our war museum)
ScreenSound Australia, the National Screen and Sound Archive

Anyone seeing these names on an internet address etc will know straight away
which 'national' institution they are. Most institutions used 'national' as
well as Australia because the word 'national' conveys a sense of authority
and integrity. At least this is what I have heard on the grapevine!

Sue
_

Sue Terry
Manager, Collection Information
Collections Branch
ScreenSound Australia, the National Screen and Sound Archive
Canberra ACT 2600
+61  2 6248 2180 (w)
+61  2 6248 2165 (fax)

'The secret of survival is to embrace change, and to adapt' (Rohinton
Mistry)