From:
Jacquelann Killian <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Aug 2005 08:24:36 -0400
Now, this is probably a question better suited to Restoration-L or
Fixer-Uppers-L, but I thought I'd try here since many of you probably have some
kind of experience w/ leather! I have a leather upholstered chair that I would
like clean myself but am unsure of the best way to do so w/ the least
repercussions. This is a chair I actually own, versus a piece that is cared for
by a museum or institution, so if you have a good experience w/ a leather
cleaner that you've used in that environment or in your own non-museum lives,
I'm interested in your suggestions. I got it at an antique  store and I'm
curious to see what can be done to improve its appearance. It's not filthy, but
it has an overall layer of grime that I would like to work out of it. My mom has
handed me all level of unusual things including Armorall, shoe polish (the clear
kind), and car upholstery cleaner... Something tells me something better out
there exists. Plus, I'd like to be able to sit in it once it is clean!

Thanks in advance for your suggestions-
Jackie

--
3951 Gouverneur Ave., 2D