From:
Roger Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 5 Feb 2006 11:05:50 +1300
Welcome to this edition of DINOSAURNEWS - the international Dinosaur Webzine
with bite!

This Week's Headlines: (For the FULL STORY visit the NEWS section of the
webzine at this address: http://www.dinosaurnews.org )

**  Exhibit fuses scientific discovery with art
It's a ferocious looking creature with razor-sharp teeth, leathery skin and
enormous three-toed feet propelling it across a prehistoric landscape toward
a herd of smaller beasts running away in terror

**  Pristine new learning laboratory in Wyoming
Pitt Honors College Dean G. Alec Stewart and Director of Programming Edward
McCord talk about the University's "pristine new learning laboratory" in
Wyoming

**  Honk if you like me
Duckbilled dinosaurs of about 90 million years ago had huge crests with
complex nasal passages, and used them to honk sexual and social messages,
according to a new study in the journal Paleobiology

**  The Great Dinosaur Egg Hunt
DMNH's next traveling exhibit features real touchable dinosaur eggs,
life-like models of embryos and hatchlings, and a collection of 100
authentic fossilized eggs from every major dinosaur group
lists. Simply send an email to: [log in to unmask]

**  Western Queensland family honoured for dinosaur discoveries
The Elliott family from Winton have been honoured by the Queensland museum
for their exceptional contribution to the museum in the field of dinosaur
palaeontology

**  Experts clash over demise of the dinosaur
The giant impact that shook the Earth 65 million years ago is still sending
out shock waves, triggering a scientific feud over whether the event really
killed off the dinosaurs

**  Dinosaur link to birds debated
Many, like Matt T. Carrano, curator of Dinosauria at the Smithsonian's
National Museum of Natural History, say birds have descended from a subgroup
of maniraptoran theropod dinosaurs that ate meat, stood on their two back
legs and were lizard-hipped

**  Museum's fossils may be tainted
Jack Horner, one of America's most famed dinosaur hunters and T. rex
experts, said many specimens in the Burke's collection were useless for his
research, which aims to trace the way the giant reptiles evolved over time

**  Giants of the Sea Revealed at the Dinosaur Resource Center
The Rocky Mountain Dinosaur Resource Center is sponsoring a Plesiosaur
Mini-Symposium on Saturday, February 25

**  Paleobiology Database Intensive Summer Course in Analytical Paleobiology

DINOSAURNEWS webzine now read in 80 countries. Hundreds of Dinosaur Books,
The latest Dinosaur News, Dinosaur Games, Dinolinks and a Dinomall. Read
something ferocious this week: http://www.dinosaurnews.org

SEND US YOUR NEWS: Does your Museum have a dinosaur focus? Put us on your
media database. We welcome your news of events, discoveries and exhibitions

GET YOUR LOCAL MUSEUM TO ADD our RSS news feed to their web site, at this
address: http://www4.wave.co.nz/~jollyroger/dino2004/dinosaur.xml

What our readers say:

I must say first that I subscribe to your E-mail news letters and read them
voraciously for book ideas. The news blurbs are such a wonderful service to
us dino fanciers!
Christine Gentry - author of 'Mesozoic Murder 'and 'Carnosaur Crimes'

Thank you for an interesting, useful site. I recommend it to teachers who
continue to contact me after 6 years of retirement. I also volunteer at the
local science museum and recommend your site to the many children who visit
it.
Marvin Selnes, Sioux Falls, SD

Thank You for the excellent coverage you've given my ongoing research.
Best regards,
Marilyn D. Wegweiser, Ph.D., Affiliate Faculty, Idaho Museum of Natural
History