From:
Indigo Nights <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 3 Apr 2004 05:56:36 -0800
Regular list members may recall that, in addition to
the popular MuseJobs list (we hit 1,001 members--with
another 12 or so on bounce status--yesterday), I also
provide four news-based lists:  MuseNews-Art,
MuseNews-History, MuseNews-Science, and
MuseNews-General.  For the last two years, on a daily
basis, I have been forwarding to the lists articles
found in my daily reading that might be of interest to
the groups.  Intermittently, I would also query Google
News (http://news.google.com) for additional inputs.

This week, Google News made my job easier.  They now
have a news alerts feature, and I have signed up for a
number to augment the materials for the news lists.

If you're interested in finding out what's going
on--on a daily basis--with your peers and potentially
gather ideas you can "borrow" for your institution, if
you're a potential job candidate who wants to wow an
employer with your knowledge of the field, you may
wish to sign on.

The alerts for which I have signed up, and the list to
which they are posted, are below:

arboretum
botanical gardens
library
museum (applies to all four categories based on type)
observatory (may also be posted to science)
zoo

planetarium
observatory (may also be posted to general)
archaeology/archaeologist (may also be posted to
history)
anthropology/anthropologist (may also be posted to
history)
museum (applies to all four categories based on type)

archaeology/archaeologist (may also be posted to
science)
anthropology/anthropologist (may also be posted to
science)
museum (applies to all four categories based on type)

museum (applies to all four categories based on type)

Finally, if you're in the market to be in the job
market, you're welcome to join us on MuseJobs

Formed two years ago, as an offshoot of this list,
there is a wealth of job-search information in our
recently cleaned out archives.  All job postings prior
to the first of the year have been removed, and the
employment law, interviewing tips, and other insights
have been retained to allow for a reference tool.

If you're across the Big Pond, be sure to look for the
posts from comoderator Jim Roberts, of the University
of Leicester, who keeps us up to date about jobs in
the British Isles.

Due to the volume of alerts provided by Google, if you
choose to sign on, you may wish to opt for the Digest
setting.  Thus far, the volume of info coming through
has been rather impressive.

=====
Indigo Nights

Looking for a Job?  Try Got Links?, Your One-Stop Portal
http://victorian.fortunecity.com/stanmer/414