From:
Mary Case <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Feb 1994 22:52:16 EST
Another reason for the split between educators and collections is that most
perceive that they have different audiences. Simplistically put, educators
reach the public (usually those who pay to visit the museum, are paying
members, or who pay to attend special events) while collections types serve
people interested in doing scholarly work surrounding the collections.

Which brings me to a question I've been pondering lately: are collections
customers in the Total Quality Management sense? When I ask museum people "Who
is the audience?" eventually, someone answers "the collection." What do you
think?

Mary Case, QM2, 1243 E. Street S.E., Washington, D.C. 20003
PH:202 544 2698 FX:202 547 9439 INTERNET:[log in to unmask]
No Pressure, No Diamonds