From:
Lynda Gonella <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 31 Mar 2000 07:14:37 +1000
Hi guys! at the Australian Museum (Sydney, Australia) we use a suite of
measures for visitor satisfaction depending on the program/exhibiton that we
are evaluating. We also tend to use the same set of measures across similar
programs that allows for comparison to see how the program performed against
others. We have also started some exit surveying where we try to look
broadly at the services of the Musuem and get visitors to rate their
satisfaction of them using a Likert scale. Also in qualitative work we are
trying to understand what it is that people (esp parents) value from musuem
visits as well as trying to understand what it is that visitors are
learning. For an initial overview of the valuing part you could look at
http://www.austmus.gov.au/educ/learning/paper5.htm from page 13-14 which
talks about preliminary research done here on this. I can send you copies of
some of our reports that have looked at satisfaction measures if you are
interested.

Lynda Kelly, Evaluation Coordindator/Head, Australian Museum Audience
Research Centre,
Australian Museum, Sydney